Norse, variation of Margaret"pearl"
Mette Origin and Meaning
The name Mette is a girl's name of German, Scandinavian, Norse origin meaning "pearl".
This is a Scandinavian variant of Margaret, and is pronounced MEH-teh or MET, rhyming with jet.
20 Names Similar to Mette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mette.
Lists containing Mette
Famous People Named Mette
- MetteMarit Tjessem Høiby, Crown Princess of Norway
- Mette Iversdotter Dyrede facto queen consort of Sweden as wife of Svante, Regent of Sweden
- Mette LindbergDanish singer of The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
- Mette Peluceniece of actress Soleil Moon Frye
- Mette JacobsenDanish Olympic swimmer
- Mette FrederiksenDanish politician
- Mette VeisethMiss Denmark 1987
- Mette SchjoldagerDanish Olympic badminton player