Menachem Origin and Meaning
The name Menachem is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "the comforter".
A middle-aged, if not elderly, name associated with Israeli statesman and onetime prime minister Begin, this is a symbolic appellation for boys born on the holiday of Tishah-b'Ab.
20 Names Similar to Menachem
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Menachem.
Lists containing Menachem
Famous People Named Menachem
- Menachem Begin6th prime minister of Israel
- Menachem Mendel SchneersonUkrainian,American leader of Chabad,Lubavitch
- Menachem Mendel SchneersohnBelarusian,Russian 3rd leader of Chabad,Lubavitch
- Menachem Mazuzformer Israeli attorney general
- Menachem UssishkinRussian,born Zionist leader
- Menachem Mendel of KotzkPolish Hasidic leader
- Menachem Elonformer Israeli Supreme Court justice
- Pinchas Menachem AlterPolish Gerrer Rebbe