Spelling variation of Magdalen"woman from Magdala or high tower"
Magdalene Origin and Meaning
The name Magdalene is a girl's name of Aramaic, English origin meaning "woman from Magdala or high tower".
This name made famous in the New Testament has gone from crusty grandma to sleek and chic in recent years, or is it months? The name's image is perhaps helped by the fact that Mary Magdalene was one of the most intriguing women inthe Bible, both a saint and a sinner.
20 Names Similar to Magdalene
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Magdalene.
Lists containing Magdalene
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Vintage Baby Names
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Christian Baby Names
- Vintage Girl Names
- Charming Easter Baby Names
- Vibrant Spring Baby Names
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names
Famous People Named Magdalene
- Mary MagdaleneBiblical follower of Jesus
- Saint Magdalene of CanossaItalian nun
- Magdalene Anyango Namakhiya OdundoKenyan,British potter
- (Anna) Magdalene ThoresenDanish,Norwegian poet and playwright
- Magdalene Fischerone of the first surviving American quintuplets
- Laura Magdalene Eisenhowergreat,granddaughter of US President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Magdalene in Pop Culture
- Magdalene Defoethe real name of Blind Mag from Repo! The Genetic Opera
- Magdalenea song by Akira Yamaoka
- Magdalene CollegeCambridge (pronounced maud,lin)
- MagdaleneMain character in the Fallen book series
- Magdalene "Lena" Deadcharacter in Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison