Lissa Origin and Meaning
The name Lissa is a girl's name of Dutch, African origin.
Lissa might be an abbreviation of Melissa, but it's more substantial in its own right: Lissa is the name of a supreme mother goddess in African mythology and an Arabic symbol of rebirth.
20 Names Similar to Lissa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lissa.
Lists containing Lissa
Famous People Named Lissa
- Lissa EvansBritish TV producer and writer
- Lissa MuscatineAmerican presidential speechwriter
- Lissa LauriaAmerican actress
- Lissa EndrigaAmerican TV presenter ("Destination X")
Lissa in Pop Culture
- Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomircharacter in the Vampire Academy series
- Melissa "Lissa" Danielsmain character from Kody Keplingers "Shut Out"
- Lissa Mullancharacter in "What's Left of Me" by Kat Zhang
- Lissa Millercharacter in MTV's "Awkward"
- Lissacharacter from video game "Fire Emblem: Awakening"
- Lissacharacter in the second book of the Maximum Ride series
- Lissaisland in the Adriatic Sea (aka Vis)
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.