Kwame Origin and Meaning
The name Kwame is a boy's name of African origin meaning "born on Saturday".
The Akan people of Ghana and the Ivory Coast frequently name their children after the day of the week they were born and the order in which they were born. Most Ghanaians have a name using this system (think Kofi Annan, whose name means born on a Friday). Kwame is the name for boys born on a Saturday. (The name for girls born on a Saturday is Amma).
20 Names Similar to Kwame
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kwame.
Lists containing Kwame
Famous People Named Kwame
- Kwame Nkrumah1st President of Ghana
- Kwame James BrownAmerican basketball player
- Kwame AyewGhanaian footballer
- Kwame WatsonSiriboe, American soccer player
- Kwame HarrisJamaican NFL football player
- Kwame Anthony AppiahBritish novelist and philosopher
- Kwame HollandAmerican rapper and producer
- Kwame KweiArmah (born Ian Roberts), British actor and playwright
- Kwame Touré (born Stokely Carmichael)Trinidadian,American civil rights leader
- Kwame AlexanderAmerican children's author
Kwame in Pop Culture
- Kwame O'Riellycharacter on British TV series "Metrosexuality"
- Kwameone of the Planeteers on animated series "Captain Planet"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.