Khalil Origin and Meaning
The name Khalil is a boy's name of Arabic origin meaning "friend".
Spelled in various ways, this name was first brought into the American consciousness by the Lebanese-American poet and artist Kahlil Gibran, author of The Prophet.
# 302 in the US
Khalil Rank in US Top 2000
20 Names Similar to Khalil
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Khalil.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Khalil
Famous People Named Khalil
- Khalil Gibran (18831931), Lebanese artist, poet & writer
- Khalil alSakakini, Palestinian Christian, teacher, poet & nationalist
- Khalil Al GhamdiSaudi Arabian football referee
- Khalil alWazir, Palestinian leader & co,founder of nationalist party
- Khalil FongJapanese singer/songwriter
- Khalil GreeneAmerican baseball shortstop (Rangers)
- Khalil DuhokiKurdish writer & poet
- Khalil KainAmerican actor (born Khaliloeron Kain)
- Khalil MackAmerican football player; OLB Chicago Bears