Joanie Origin and Meaning
The name Joanie is a girl's name meaning "God is gracious".
Although Joan was the more popular name in the 20th century, it's the nickname Joanie that is likely to be revived first. Joan ranked as a Top 100 name from the mid '20s to the mid '60s, and the US is still Joan-ed out from that era. But sweet Joanie feels fresh — a sister to names like Sadie, Elsie, and Sylvie. It could have a future on the Top 1000 but for now, scoop up Joanie while it's undiscovered.
20 Names Similar to Joanie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Joanie.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Joanie
Famous People Named Joanie
- Joan Ann "Joanie" DoddsAmerican model
- Joan "Joanie" SommersAmerican singer/actress
- Joanie MaddenIrish,American musician of group Cherish the Ladies
- Joan Constance "Joanie" BartelsAmerican children's singer,songwriter
Joanie in Pop Culture
- Joanie Louise Cunningham Arcolacharacter on TV's "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi"
- Joanie Bradfordcharacter on "Eight Is Enough"
- Joanie Caucuscharacter in comic strip "Doonesbury"
- Joanie Sollowaybaby daughter on "The Affair"
- Joanie Hortoncharacter on TV's "The Flash"