Jehu Origin and Meaning
The name Jehu is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "God is he".
The name of the tenth king of Israel is pronounced Ye-hu but most English-speakers wouldn't know that. He seized power violently and reigned from about 841 to 814 BCE.
20 Names Similar to Jehu
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jehu.
Lists containing Jehu
Famous People Named Jehu
- Jehuson of Obed, father of Azariah, descendant of Judah (1 Chr. 2:28)
- Jehuprince of the tribe of Simeon (1 Chr. 4: 35)
- Jehu the Antothitefollower of David (1 Chr. 12:3)
- Jehuson of Hanani, prophet (1 Kings 16:7)
- Jehu EyreAmerican businessman and revolutionary
- John "Jehu" Davis9th President of Delaware, USA
- Jehu Femi Chesson IIAmerican NFL football player
- Jehue GordonTrinidadian hurdler
Jehu in Pop Culture
- Spanish pronunciation sounds like "KAYooh"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.