Jeanine Origin and Meaning
The name Jeanine is a girl's name meaning "God is gracious".
Together with the more common (in France) Jeannine spelling, this feminine form of Jean was most popular in the 1930s in its home country, and in the 1960s in the US. It's fallen off the Top 1000 list since, but perhaps cute retro nickname Jeannie could tempt some vintage-loving parents back.
20 Names Similar to Jeanine
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jeanine.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Jeanine
Famous People Named Jeanine
- Jeanine MasonAmerican dancer, winner of TV's "So You Think You Can Dance"
- Jeanine PirroAmerican TV judge
- Jeanine TesoriAmerican composer
- Jeanine Menzefirst black female U.S. Coast Guard aviator
Jeanine in Pop Culture
- Jeanine Matthewscharacter in the "Divergent" series