Italian and Spanish from German"all-consuming fight"
Imelda Origin and Meaning
The name Imelda is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "all-consuming fight".
Saint's name made infamous by Philippine dictator's wife Imelda Marcos. A more positive famous bearer is the British actress Imelda Staunton, best known for playing Dolores Umbridge in the Harry Potter movies.
20 Names Similar to Imelda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Imelda.
Lists containing Imelda
- Names with Military Meanings
- Pixar Baby Names
- Names That Mean Warrior, Soldier, or Knight
- Confirmation Names for Girls
Famous People Named Imelda
- Imelda Mary Philomena Bernadette StauntonEnglish actress
- Alexandra Imelda Cecelia Ewen BurkeEnglish singer,songwriter
- Imelda May (born Imelda Mary Clabby)Irish singer,songwriter
- Imelda Marcos (born Imelda Remedios Visitación Romuáldez y Trinidad) former First Lady of the Philippines
- Maria Imelda of Jesus Host (born Jadwiga Karolina Żak)blessed Polish nun and martyr
- Imelda TherinneIndonesian actress
- Imelda "Anne" CrawfordEnglish actress
- Imelda Lambertiniblessed Italian patron of First Holy Communicants
- Imelda MartínezMexican swimmer
- Imelda PapinFilipina singer and politician
- Imelda HenryIrish Senator
- Imelda FransiscaMiss Indonesia 2005
Imelda in Pop Culture
- Imelda Riveracharacter in Pixar's "Coco"