Heathcliff Origin and Meaning
The name Heathcliff is a boy's name of English origin meaning "cliff near a heath".
Heathcliff is the name of the original passionate macho hero of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, and also of the cartoon cat. It was chosen by fashionista Lucy Sykes for her son, and inspired the late Heath Ledger's name. But otherwise it's barely used, and perhaps a bit much of a namesake. For a modern boy we'd recommend Heath....or Cliff.
20 Names Similar to Heathcliff
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Heathcliff.
Lists containing Heathcliff
Famous People Named Heathcliff
- Heathcliff "Heath" Andrew LedgerAustralian actor
- Heath "Heathcliff" SlocumbAmerican baseball pitcher
- Heathcliff Rellie (b. 2004)son of stylist and author Lucy Sykes and Euan Rellie
Heathcliff in Pop Culture
- HeathcliffMain Character in Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights"
- "Heathcliff" comic strip about the title cat
- Heathcliff "Cliff" Huxtablemain character on TV's "The Cosby Show"
- HeathcliffFred's butler in Disney's "Big Hero 6"
- Heathcliffe Hopecharacter on British soap "Emmerdale"
- Heathcliffcharacter from anime/ light novel "Sword Art Online"
- Heathcliffcharacter in British children’s dance drama tv show
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.