German, diminutive of Johann
Hanno Origin and Meaning
The name Hanno is a boy's name of German origin.
Nicknames ending in o are invariably cute, though this one suffers from sounding too much like the popular girls' name Hannah.
20 Names Similar to Hanno
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hanno.
Famous People Named Hanno
- Hanno the NavigatorCarthaginian explorer of the sixth or fifth century BC
- Hanno the Elder (died 204 BC)Carthaginian general
- Hanno I the Great (4th century BC)Carthaginian politician and military leader
- Hanno II the Great (3rd century BC)wealthy Carthaginian aristocrat
- Hanno III the Great (2nd century BC)ultra,conservative Carthaginian politician
- Hannoson of Hannibal, Carthaginian general in the First Punic War
- HannoMessana garrison commander, Carthaginian general in The First Punic War
- Hannoson of Bomilcar, Carthaginian officer in the Second Punic War
- Hanno Balitsch (born 1981)German footballer
- Hanno Behrens (born 1990)German footballer
- Hanno DirksenSouth African rugby player
- Hanno Douschan (born 1989)Austrian snowboarder
- Hanno Drechsler (19312003), political scientist
- Hanno Essén (born 1948)Swedish physicist
- Hanno Grossschmidt (born 1973)Estonian architect
- Hanno Kitshoff (born 1984)South African rugby player
- Hanno Koffler (born 1980)German actor and musician
- Hanno MelzerGerman rower
- Hanno Möttölä (born 1976)Finnish basketball player
- Hanno Pevkur (born 1977)Estonian politician
- Hanno Pöschl (born 1949)Austrian television actor
- Hanno Rund (19251993), mathematician
- Hanno Selg (born 1932)Estonian pentathlete
- Hanno Soth (born 1964)real estate developer in Bali, Indonesia
- Hanno TeutebergSouth African naval officer
Hanno in Pop Culture
- Hanno Hathcharacter in William Nicholson's 'Wind on Fire' series
- Hannopet white elephant of Pope Leo X
More Lists containing Hanno
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.