Gypsy Origin and Meaning
The name Gypsy is a girl's name of English origin meaning "wanderer".
Gypsy, long associated with the intellectual stripper Gypsy Rose Lee and the musical that was made about her life, was used by Drea de Matteo and Shooter Jennings as the middle name of their daughter Alabama. Be aware, however, that the word gypsy is now considered an ethnic slur when used for the Romani, or Roma, people.
20 Names Similar to Gypsy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gypsy.
Lists containing Gypsy
- Alternatives to Sadie
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Unique Celebrity Baby Middle Names
- Baby Names Sure to Shock Grandma
- Too-Cool Baby Names
- Pixar Baby Names
- Creative Cat Names
Famous People Named Gypsy
- Gypsy Rose Lee (born Rose Louise Hovick)American burlesque performer
- Gypsy AbbotAmerican actress
- Gypsy Rose BlanchardAmerican murderer and subject of TV series "The Act"
Gypsy in Pop Culture
- Gypsy Nashcharacter on Australian soap "Home and Away"
- Gypsyfemale bot on TV's "Mystery Science Theater 3000"
- Gypsy aka Cynthia "Cindy" Reynoldscharacter in DC Comics
- Gypsycharacter on TV's "Gilmore Girls"
- Gypsy Beaumontcharacter in the book 'Savvy' by Ingrid Law
- Gypsybutterfly in “A Bug’s Life”
- 'Gypsy' song by Fleetwood Mac
- 'Gypsy' song by Lady Gaga
- 'GypsiesTramps, and Thieves," song by Cher