Gilmore Origin and Meaning
The name Gilmore is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "devoted to the Virgin Mary".
For better or worse, this name is still firmly attached to the TV series Gilmore Girls. It's one of a number of Scottish and Irish surname names beginning with Gil, meaning "servant". In this case, it's "servant of Mary", making it a subtle male Marian name.
20 Names Similar to Gilmore
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gilmore.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Gilmore
Famous People Named Gilmore
- Joseph H. Gilmore (18341918), hymnist
- Gilmore David ClarkeAmerican civil engineer and landscape architect
Gilmore in Pop Culture
- "The Gilmore Girls" TV series
- 'Happy Gilmore" 1996 movie
- Shaun Gilmorecharacter in Critical Role season 1.