British English demonym
Geordie Origin and Meaning
The name Geordie is a boy's name.
Though it looks, to the untrained American eye, like a yoonek spelling of Jordy, Geordie actually refers to people from Tyneside in Northeast England and the local dialect there. To give you a sense of what it implies to Brits, Geordie Shore is British MTV's long-running answer to Jersey Shore.
20 Names Similar to Geordie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Geordie.
Lists containing Geordie
- International Variations of George
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Boys
- Creative Cat Names
- Medieval Names
- Nicknames for Baby Boys
Famous People Named Geordie
- George Nigel "Geordie" DouglasHamilton, 10th Earl of Selkirk, British politician
- Kevin "Geordie" WalkerEnglish musician of band Killing Joke
- George C. "Geordie" GreigEnglish journalist and newspaper editor
- Geordie WudrickCanadian ice hockey player
- Geordienickname for George Best, Northern Irish footballer
Geordie in Pop Culture
- Geordie Keatingcharacter on TV's "Grantchester"
- "Geordie Shore" reality TV series derived from the the nickname for inhabitants of Newcastle, England
- GeordieBritish rock band
- "Geordie" novel by David Walker, 1955 British movie and its main character
- "Geordie" English Child ballad
- Nickname for George