Geordie Origin and Meaning
The name Geordie is a boy's name.
Though it looks, to the untrained American eye, like a yoonek spelling of Jordy, Geordie actually refers to people from Tyneside in Northeast England and the local dialect there. To give you a sense of what it implies to Brits, Geordie Shore is British MTV's long-running answer to Jersey Shore.
20 Names Similar to Geordie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Geordie.
Lists containing Geordie
Famous People Named Geordie
- George Nigel "Geordie" DouglasHamilton, 10th Earl of Selkirk, British politician
- Kevin "Geordie" WalkerEnglish musician of band Killing Joke
- George C. "Geordie" GreigEnglish journalist and newspaper editor
- Geordie WudrickCanadian ice hockey player
- Geordienickname for George Best, Northern Irish footballer
Geordie in Pop Culture
- Geordie Keatingcharacter on TV's "Grantchester"
- "Geordie Shore" reality TV series derived from the the nickname for inhabitants of Newcastle, England
- GeordieBritish rock band
- "Geordie" novel by David Walker, 1955 British movie and its main character
- "Geordie" English Child ballad
- Nickname for George