The name Geneva is a girl's name of French origin meaning "juniper tree". Geneva and is often added to lists like Place Names for Babies and discussed in our forums with posts like "Octuplet Game - Girls!".
From the experts:
Unlike its somewhat formal Swiss city namesake, this is a lively and appealing place-name that also has a real history as a female name.
Geneva was a relatively popular American name at one time: it reached as high as Number 107 in 1919, and remained in the Top 200 until 1942. Geneva was the middle name of First Lady Mamie Eisenhower, and is the name of a leading character on The Good Wife.
Lists containing Geneva
Geneva in Blog Posts
- 2019 Baby Names from 1919: Metro, Marvel, Maude
- Golden Oldie Baby Names: Decade by decade
- New Starbabies born in May: A Future, a Mercy, and two Rivers
- Newest Girl Babyberries: The 3rd Quarterly Report of 2013, from Ada to Xanthe
- 1913 Baby Names: Does the hundred-year rule still rule?
- Creative Girls' Names: Xia, Djena, and Geneva
Geneva in the Forums
16 names similar to Geneva
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Geneva. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Geneva, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!