Gaius Origin and Meaning
The name Gaius is a boy's name of Latin origin meaning "to rejoice".
Stately Gaius (pronounced GUY-us) was in the name of many ancient Romans, including Julius Caesar. Little-used before the year 2000, it now feels like a fresh possibility in the revival of Latin boys' names like Atticus and Cassius. Caius and derivatives like Caio come from the same root. You could also see Gaius as a male version of the earth-goddess name Gaia.
20 Names Similar to Gaius
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gaius.
Lists containing Gaius
- Ancient Roman Names for Boys
- Cool Classic Boy Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Cool Boy Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Biblical Baby Names
- Hunger Games Baby Names
- Sci-Fi Baby Names
- Best Boy Names That End in S
- Cool Boy Names From Ancient Cultures
- Gladiator Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Names That Mean Happy
- TV Character Names
- Saint Names
Famous People Named Gaius
- GaiusPaul's host named in Romans 16:23
- Gaius of Derbe (Acts 20:4)
- Gaiusrecipient of the apostle John's third epistle
- (Gaius) Julius CaesarRoman politician who later became the Dictator of Rome
- Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianusaka Augustus, first Roman Emperor
- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicusaka Caligula, Roman Emperor
- Gaius Julius Caesar (born Gaius Vipsanius Agrippa)adopted son of Augustus
- Gaius Sempronius GracchusRoman politician known for his reformative laws
- Gaius Cilnius Maecenasadviser to Augustus
- Gaius MariusRoman general and consul
- Gaius Avidius CassiusUsurper of the Roman Empire
- Gaius Valerius Troucillusinterpreter for Julius Caesar
- Gaius Valerius FlaccusRoman consul
- Gaius Antonius HybridaRoman consul
- Gaius CharlesAmerican actor
- Gaius Lee DuPreeAmerican actor
Gaius in Pop Culture
- Gaius Baltarcharacter on TV's "Battlestar Galactica"
- Gaius Helen Mohiamfemale character in Frank Herbert's "Dune"
- Gaiuscharacter TV's "Merlin"
- Gaiusa candy,obsessed thief in video game "Fire Emblem Awakening"
- Gaius SextusGaius Septimus, and Gaius Octavian aka Tavi, Codex Alera
- Gaius Marocharacter in video game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim"
- General Gaiusa character in video game "Dust: An Elysian Tail"
- Gaius Van Baelsarcharacter in video game "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn"
- King Gaiusa character in video game "Tales of Xillia"
- Gaiusa blacksmith in video game "Rune Factory 3"
- Gaiusa character in video game "Tears to Tiara"
- Gaiusone of the 16 colossi in video game "Shadow of the Colossus"