Ekaterina Origin and Meaning
The name Ekaterina is a girl's name of Slavic origin meaning "pure".
This exotic variation was publicized by Olympic skater Ekaterina Gordeeva. Though it's intriguing, it's sure to cause confusion in any English speaking country and in the U.S., all Katrina-sounding names are off the table since the devastating hurricane. Better to go with one of the Katherine variations or another Slavic or Russian name.
20 Names Similar to Ekaterina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ekaterina.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Ekaterina
Famous People Named Ekaterina
- Ekaterina "Katia" Alexandrovna GordeevaRussian Olympic figure skater
- Ekaterina "Kato" SvanidzeGeorgian first wife of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin
- Ekaterina Valeryevna MakarovaRussian tennis player
- Ekaterina LopesRussian tennis player
- Ekaterina Andreevna BychkovaRussian tennis player
- Ekaterina Dmitrievna "Katya" RyabovaRussian singer
- Ekaterina SediaRussian novelist
- Ekaterina Alexandrovna BobrovaRussian ice dancer
- Ekaterina Vasilyevna "Rina" ZelyonayaUzbekistani Soviet actress
- Ekaterina VedeneevaSlovenian rhythmic gymnast
Ekaterina in Pop Culture
- Ekaterina "Kitty" Shcherbatskayacharacter in Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina
- EkaterinaOne of the branches of the Cahill family in The 39 Clues Series, descended from Katherine Cahill
- Ekaterinaformer queen of Moroi vampires in "Vampire Academy" series
- Ekatarina VelikaYugoslavian rock band
- Ekaterinacharacter in Egg and Spoon book