Eilidh Origin and Meaning
The name Eilidh is a girl's name of Scottish origin meaning "sun, radiant one".
Long popular in Scotland, this attractive name is widely considered to be the Gaelic version of Helen. After the Normans introduced it into the British Isles, it was transformed into Evelyn. It has rarely been heard in the U.S., where the spelling would be sure to cause endless pronunciation problems -- it's ay-lee.
20 Names Similar to Eilidh
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eilidh.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Eilidh
Famous People Named Eilidh
- Eilidh ChildScottish Olympic runner
- Eilley BowersScottish,American pioneer
- Eilidh WhitefordBritish MP
- Eilidh Margaret BarbourScottish TV presenter
- Eilidh WattScottish novelist and journalist
- Eilidh GibsonScottish slalom canoeist
- Eilidh Kate MacQueenScottish,Thai model and actress
Eilidh in Pop Culture
- Eilidh Rossicharacter on Scottish soap "River City"
- Eilidh or Ayleecharacter on TV's 'Reign'