French botanical name
Eglantine Origin and Meaning
The name Eglantine is a girl's name of French origin.
This name for the sweetbriar shrub is a bit too reminiscent of eggplant.
20 Names Similar to Eglantine
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eglantine.
Lists containing Eglantine
- Fancy, Elegant, Sophisticated Baby Names
- Fancy Girl Names
- Spooky Halloween Baby Names
- Unique Nature Names for Babies
- Nature Names for Babies
Famous People Named Eglantine
- EglantineLady Wallace, English author
- Eglantine RembauvilleFrench actress
- Inès Marie Lætitia Églantine Isabelle de Seignard de La FressangeFrench model
- (Philippe François Nazaire) Fabre d'ÉglantineFrench male actor and politician
Eglantine in Pop Culture
- Eglantine Pricemain character in Disney's "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"
- Eglantine Banks Tookmother of Pippin Took in "The Lord of the Rings" series
- Ms. Eglantinecharacter in "Death Cloud" by Andrew Lane
- Eglantine Clallcook in "The Sailor's Return" (1925) by David Garnett
- Eglantineowl character in "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" book/film series
- Eglantine Chattisbournea minor character in Connie Willis' novel To Say Nothing of the Dog
- Eglantine von Puiseta character in the Carl Maria von Weber opera "Euryanthe"
- Eglantine "Harry" Knighta character in It's All Greek To Me by Katie Macalister
- Mr. Eglantinebarber and perfumer in Thackeray's short story "The Ravenswing" (1842)
- Professor Judy Eglantinecharacter in The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- Eglantinebotanical and flower name (for the plant otherwise known as sweetbrier)