Ebba Origin and Meaning
The name Ebba is a girl's name of German, English origin meaning "fortress of riches, or strength of a boar".
Ebba, the feminine version of Eberhard and also a form of an old English name, is in the Swedish Top 10 but virtually unknown in the US. However, with the rise of Emma, Ella, Ada, and similar simple-yet-traditional names, Ebba may enjoy more widespread popularity.
20 Names Similar to Ebba
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ebba.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Ebba
Famous People Named Ebba
- Princess Ebba Henrietta Bernadotte (née Munck af Fulkila)wife of Prince Oscar Bernadotte of Sweden
- Ebba Tove Elsa Nilssonstage name Tove Lo, Swedish pop singer,songwriter
- Ebba Marnellsister of Australian pro skateboarder Lewis Marnell
- Ebba Zingmarkmodel
- Anna Michaela Ebba Electra von HausswolffSwedish singer, pianist, organist and songwriter.
- Ebba Elisabeth BuschSwedish Politician
Ebba in Pop Culture
- Ebba Selandercharacter in "The Dung,Beetle Flies at Dusk" by Maria Gripe
- Ebba Roseprotagonist in the novel "East" by Edith Pattou