Dutch variation of Ilsa"pledged to God"
Ilse Origin and Meaning
The name Ilse is a girl's name meaning "pledged to God".
Pronounced with two syllables, as if spelled Ilsa, Ilse is popular in The Netherlands and may rise here with cousin Elsa.
20 Names Similar to Ilse
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ilse.
Famous People Named Ilse
- Ilse BingGerman photographer
- Ilse Annoeska de Langesinger for Dutch band The Common Linnets
- Ilse HeylenBelgian Olympic judoka
- Ilse AichingerAustrian writer
- Ilse Charlotte (Still) WernerDutch,German singer/actress
- Ilse CrawfordBritish interior designer
Ilse in Pop Culture
- Ilse Neumanncharacter in the musical "Spring Awakening"
- Ilse Burnleycharacter in the "Emily of New Moon" series by L. M. Montgomery