Spelling variation of Eleanor
Elinor Origin and Meaning
The name Elinor is a girl's name of French origin.
Slimmed down spelling is well-established and makes an old name more modern, for better and worse. Katie Couric spells her Elinor's name this way.
20 Names Similar to Elinor
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Elinor.
Lists containing Elinor
Famous People Named Elinor
- Mary Eleanor "Elinor" DonahueAmerican actress
- Elinor Morton WylieAmerican poet and novelist
- Elinor Regina Patricia SmithAmerican aviator
- Elinor Claire "Lin" OstromAmerican economist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Elinor Sutherland GlynBritish novelist
- Elinor CaplanCanadian MP
- Elinor Jane BarkerWelsh cyclist
- Elinor LipmanAmerican novelist
- Gladys Eleanor May "Elinor" BrentDyer, English novelist
- Elinor Tully "Ellie" Couricdaughter of newscaster Katie Couric
- Elinor FairAmerican silent film actress
Elinor in Pop Culture
- Elinor Dashwoodcharacter in "Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen
- ElinorMerida's mother in Pixar's "Brave"
- Elinorcharacterin "Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke
- Elinor Joddrelcharacter in "The Wanderer" by Fanny Burney
- Elinorcharacter in Ally Condie's "Atlantia"
- Elinor Carlislecharacter in Dame Agatha Christie's "Sad Cypress"