Dilys Origin and Meaning
The name Dilys is a girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "genuine, steadfast, true".
Common in Wales, but would really stand out here. One of the middle names of Stella McCartney's daughter Reiley; Dilys Powell was a well-known British film critic, Professor Dilys Derwent a Harry Potter character., a witch who worked as a Healer at St. Mungo's Hospital, and was a celebrated Headmistress of Hogwarts School..
20 Names Similar to Dilys
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dilys.
Lists containing Dilys
Famous People Named Dilys
- (Elizabeth) Dilys PowellEnglish journalist and film critic
- Dilys Bennett LaingAnglo,American poet
- Dilys LayeEnglish actress
- Dilys ElwynEdwards, Welsh composer
- Dilys HamlettEnglish actress
- Dilys BreeseWelsh ornithologist and TV producer
- Dilys WatlingEnglish actress
- Dilys RoseScottish poet and fiction writer
- Reiley Dilys Stella Willis (b. 2010)daughter of designer Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
Dilys in Pop Culture
- Dilys Pritchardmurder victim in Richard Llewellyn's 1939 novel "How Green Was My Valley"
- Dilyscharacter in Barbara Cartland's book "Love Climbs In"
- Dilys Derwentformer headmistress of Hogwarts in "Harry Potter"