Demetrius Origin and Meaning
The name Demetrius is a boy's name of Greek origin meaning "follower of Demeter".
Classical and Shakespearean name that may appeal if you like your names long, flowing and multicultural.
# 808 in the US
Demetrius Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Demetrius
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Demetrius.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Demetrius
Famous People Named Demetrius
- Demetriussilversmith of Ephesus (Acts 19:24)
- Demetriuspraised by the apostle John (3 John 12)
- Demetrius Augustine GallitzinRussian priest and missionary
- Demetrius JacksonAmerican basketball player
- Demetrius Cesar AndradeAmerican boxer
- Demetrius "Red" PughAmerican rapper of group Another Bad Creation"
- Demetrius Stewart aka Shawty ReddAmerican rapper
- Demetrius VikelasGreek businessman; first president of the IOC
- Demetrius JoyetteCanadian actor
- Demetrius GrosseAmerican actor
Demetrius in Pop Culture
- Demetriuscharacter in Shakespeare's "A Midsummer's Night Dream"
- Demetriuscharacter in Shakespeare's "Antony and Cleopatra"
- Demetriuscharacter in Shakespeare's "Titus Andronicus"
- Demetriusa main character in Friedrich Schiller's dramatic fragment of the same name, Alexander Pushkin's blank verse drama Boris Godunov and several other works of literature; modelled after Tsar False Dimitry I
- Demetrius Williamscharacter in Mira Nair's "Mississippi Masala" and 1991 film
- Demetriuscharacter in Lloyd C. Douglas' "The Robe" and its film, "Demetrius and the Gladiators"