Cleopatra Origin and Meaning
The name Cleopatra is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "glory of the father".
A royal name in ancient Egypt that's never quite made it to the modern world, though nickname Cleo is widely used. Other now-extinct Cleopatra diminutives, including Cleora and Cleola, achieved some popularity in the early 20th century when there was a crazy for all things Egypt-related as the ancient tombs were opened and artifacts displayed. In the US, Cleopatra became a popular silent film in 1917 starring Theda Bara.
20 Names Similar to Cleopatra
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cleopatra.
Lists containing Cleopatra
- Gemini Baby Names
- Four Syllable Names for Girls
- Badass Cat Names
- Four Syllable Baby Names
- New York Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Ancient Greek Names
- Baby Names Sure to Shock Grandma
- Saints' Names for Girls
- Heroine Baby Names
- June Baby Names
- Badass Baby Names
- Attitude Names for Girls
- Names That Mean Mother or Father
- Names That Mean Victory
- Names That Mean Fame and Fortune
- Vibrant Spring Baby Names
- Unique Names from History
Famous People Named Cleopatra
- Cleopatra VII Philopatorlast Queen of Ptolemaic Egypt
- Cleopatra IVI, Queens of Ptolemaic Egpt
- Cleopatra SeleneQueen of Syria, daughter of Cleopatra III of Egypt
- Cleopatra "Cleo" von AdelsheimHereditary Princess of Oettingen,Oettingen and Oettingen,Spielberg, German,Chilean actress
- Cleopatra ColemanAustralian actress
- Cleopatra "Cleo" DemetriouCyprus,born actress
- Cleopatra Madonna "Cleo" HigginsAmerican singer of group Cleopatra
- Cleopatra StratanMoldovan singer
- Cleopatra TawoNigerian radio personality
- Cleopatra KoheirweUgandan actress
- Cleopatra MathisAmerican poet
- Cleopatra PantaziGreek pop singer
- Roberta Cleopatra FlackAmerican singer,songwriter
- Elin Kleopatra DanielsonGambogi, Finnish painter
- Cleopatra the Alchemistancient Egyptian/Greek alchemist, philosopher, and author
- CléopâtreDiane de Mérode, French dancer of the Belle Époque
Cleopatra in Pop Culture
- Lady CleopatraArthur Rowdy's wife (nee Stonehenge) in "Sketches and Travels" (1850) by W. M. Thackeray
- Cleopatra "Cleo" Jonesmain character in 1973 film "Cleopatra Jones"
- Cleopatra "Cleo" McQueencharacter on British soap "Hollyoaks"
- Cleopatra "Dirtbike" Funniebaby sister on TV's "Doug"
- Cleopatracharacter in "Toad Patrol"
- Foxxy Cleopatramain character in film "Austin Powers in Goldmember"
- Cassandra Cleopatra Watkinscharacter in "Mr Facey Romford's Hounds" (1865) by R. S. Surtees.
- Cleopatrasong and album by The Lumineers.
- Cleopatrasong by Diamond White.
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.