Sioux"people of a different language"
Cheyenne Origin and Meaning
The name Cheyenne is a girl's name of Sioux origin meaning "people of a different language".
The name of a courageous tribe, Cheyenne became quite popular in the 1990s, inspiring a wide range of spelling variations—Shyanne is one example that's still on the rise.
# 581 in the US
Cheyenne Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Cheyenne
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cheyenne.
Lists containing Cheyenne
- Cool Cowgirl Names
- City Names for Babies
- Coolated Girls' Names
- Wild Western Names for Dogs
- Place Names for Babies
- All-American Baby Names
- American Place Names
Famous People Named Cheyenne
- Cheyenne Nichole KimballAmerican singer
- Cheyenne StollAmerican reality TV personality ("Bridalplasty")
- (Tarita) Cheyenne BrandoAmerican model and daughter of actor Marlon Brando
- Cheyenne Renee HaynesAmerican actress
- Cheyenne Marie MizeAmerican singer,songwriter
- Cheyenne ParkerAmerican basketball player
- Cheyenne TozziAustralian model and singer
- Cheyenne Nicole WoodsAmerican golfer; niece of golfer Tiger Woods
- Cheyenne Michelle Hickenbottom (b. 2004)daughter of wrestler Shawn Michaels
- Cheyenne Genevieve Robinson (b. 2009)daughter of singer Chris Robinson
Cheyenne in Pop Culture
- Cheyenne Montgomerycharacter on TV series "Reba"
- Cheyenne Mortensoncharacter in TV movie "Cyberbully"
- Cheyenne O'Malleycharacter in "Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls" series
- Cheyenne Tyler Leecharacter on TV's "Superstore"
- "Beaches of Cheyenne" song by Garth Brooks
- "Cheyenne" song by Greyson Chance
- Cheyennecapital of Wyoming, USA
- Hotel Cheyennehotel in Disneyland Paris