Diminutive of Chester"fortress, walled town"
Chet Origin and Meaning
The name Chet is a boy's name of English origin meaning "fortress, walled town".
Chet is an old-fashioned short form that, ala Ned and Joe, is starting to sound cool again.
20 Names Similar to Chet
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Chet.
Lists containing Chet
- Cool Midcentury Baby Names
- Preppy Baby Names
- Jazz Baby Names
- Country Music Baby Names
- Nicknames for Baby Boys
Famous People Named Chet
- Chet Fakerstage name of Nicholas James Murphy, Australian musician
- Chesney Henry "Chet" BakerAmerican Jazz musician
- Chester Burton "Chet" AtkinsAmerican country music guitarist
- Chester Robert "Chet" HuntleyAmerican newscaster
- Thomas Chester "Chet" EdwardsU.S. Representative from Texas
- Chester Marlon "Chet" HanksAmerican actor and rapper, son of actors Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
- Fulvio Chester "Chet" ForteAmerican TV director
- James Chester "Chet" BrandenburgAmerican actor
- Chester Earl "Chet" LemonAmerican baseball player
- Chester Raymond "Chet" Nichols Sr. and Jr.American baseball player
- Chester Andrew "Chet" JastremskiAmerican swimmer
- Chester Earl "Chet" HolifieldU.S. Congressman from California
Chet in Pop Culture
- Chettformer man of the Nights Watch in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series.
- Chet Huntera character on TV's "Boy Meets World"
- Chet Ubetchanews anchor on "Fairly OddParents"
- Chetcharacter on TV's "Bob's Burgers"
- Chet Frankfrom movie "Redbelt"
- Chetcharacter in TV's "Hollywood Residential"
- Chet Waterscharacter in "From the Files of Madison Finn" by Laura Dower
- Chet Marcuscharacter on TV's "Best Friends Whenever"
- Chet Donnellyfrom movie "Weird Science"
- Chet Wiltoncharacter on TV’s “UnREAL”