Brett Origin and Meaning
The name Brett is a girl's name of Celtic origin meaning "from Brittany".
One of a number of single-syllable unisex B-names, Brett was first spotted as a female name in Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises, via the dashing and seductive Lady Brett Ashley, who was a captivating enough character to offer naming inspiration. It combines a pleasingly brisk, executive air with a measure of femininity.
20 Names Similar to Brett
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Brett.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Brett
Famous People Named Brett
- Brett Somers (born Audrey Dawn Johnston)American actress & comedienne
- Brett ButlerAmerican actress & comedienne
- Brett "Scottie" Rossiadult film actress
- Brett Elizabeth AndersonAmerican rock singer of The Donnas
Brett in Pop Culture
- Brett Ashleycharacter in Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises
- Brett Main Hazardcharacter in North and South
- Brett Eisenbergcharacter in movie "Suburban Girl"
- Brett Lenore Messerschmidtcharacter in "The It Girl" series by Cecily von Ziegesar