Arpad Origin and Meaning
The name Arpad is a boy's name of Hungarian origin meaning "seed".
Arpad is a hero name in Hungary, belonging to the Second Grand Prince of the Maygars, who established a dynasty that ruled for four centuries. Not heard often here, but is associated with the French-born financier who got his name from an earlier Hungarian banker and who's been involved with two of the world's most beautiful women — he is, in fact the father of Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson.
20 Names Similar to Arpad
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Arpad.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Arpad
Famous People Named Arpad
- ÁrpádGrand Prince of the Hungarians, considered the founder of Hungary
- Árpád Göncz1st president of Hungary
- Arpad BussonFrench financier
- Arpad Miklos (born Péter Kozma)Hungarian adult film actor
- Arpad HaraszthyHungarian,American winemaker
- Arpad SterbikSerbian handballer
- Arpad Alexander VassAmerican forensic anthropologist
- Arpad JoóHungarian,American conductor
- Arpad EloHungarian,American chess master
- Arpad WeixlgärtnerAustrian art historian
Arpad in Pop Culture
- Arpadmentioned in Jeremiah 49:23
- Arpad Laszlochipper delivery boy/sales clerk in "She Loves Me"