Armistead Origin and Meaning
The name Armistead is a boy's name of English origin meaning "hermit's place".
This dignified Old English surname was brought into the modern consciousness by author Armistead Maupin, who wrote the San Francisco stories Tales of the City. There was also a Civil War general named Lewis Armistead.
20 Names Similar to Armistead
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Armistead.
Lists containing Armistead
Famous People Named Armistead
- Armistead Jones MaupinAmerican novelist
- Armistead Burwell Smith IVAmerican musician of band Pinback
- Armistead Churchill GordonAmerican lawyer and poet
- Armistead Thomson MasonU.S. Senator from Virginia; youngest person to serve in the Senate
- Armistead Inge SeldenU.S. Congressman from Alabama
- Armistead Lindsay LongU.S. Confederate general
- Armistead Mason DobieU.S. federal judge
- Armistead Lloyd BootheAmerican politician from Virginia
- Lewis ArmisteadU.S. Confederate General
- Bennett Armistead Schauer (b. 2014)son of actress Laura Linney
Armistead in Pop Culture
- Armistead Stuartcharacter in the movie "What a Girl Wants"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.