Irish variation of Edmund"wealthy protector"
Amon Origin and Meaning
The name Amon is a boy's name of Hebrew, Irish origin meaning "wealthy protector".
This friendlier Celtic version of Edmund has an upbeat feel and a good chance of competing with Aidan and Damon sometime soon.
20 Names Similar to Amon
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Amon.
Lists containing Amon
- Biblical Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Unique Irish Names
- Names That Mean Gold
- Names That Mean Wealth
- Unique Irish Boy Names
Famous People Named Amon
- AmonGovernor of Samaria in King Ahab's day (1 Kings 22:26)
- King AmonBiblical king of Judah, father of King Josiah
- Amonancestor of some who returned to Judah with Zerubbabel (Nehemiah 7:59)
- Amon GordonAmerican NFL football player
- Amon AkilbaevChinese,Uzbek painter
- Amon G. CarterAmerican newspaper founder
- Amon TobinBrazilian electronic music producer
Amon in Pop Culture
- Amoncharacter in "The Legend of Korra"
- Amon Henplace name in the Lord of the Rings series
- Amon Byrnecharacter in The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima
- Amonevil god in the Lufia video game series
- Amoncharacter in anime "Witch Hunter Robin"
- Amon Tomaz aka OsirisDC Comics character
- Amondemon in video game "Shadow Hearts Covenant"
- Amondemon in manga and anime "Devilman"
- Amon GaramJapanese name of Adrian Gecko, character from anime "Yu,Gi,Oh! GX"
- Amonaka Dark Voice or Fallen One, character in StarCraft games
- Amoncharacter in Dungeons & Dragons series
- Amon GoetheNazi commander in film 'Schindler's List'
- Amon Koutaroucharacter from the manga and anime 'Tokyo Ghoul'