Alfonso Origin and Meaning
The name Alfonso is a boy's name of Spanish, Italian origin meaning "noble, ready".
Alfonso was a royal name in Spain as far back as the 7th century, but it is rarely heard outside the Hispanic community in the US.
# 941 in the US
Alfonso Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alfonso
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alfonso.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Alfonso
Famous People Named Alfonso
- Alfonso IXI, Kings of Spain
- Alfonso XII (Alfonso Francisco de Asís Fernando Pío Juan María de la Concepción Gregorio Pelayo)King of Spain
- Alfonso XIII (Alfonso León Fernando María Jaime Isidro Pascual Antonio de Borbón y HabsburgoLorena), King of Spain
- Alfonso Lincoln RibeiroAmerican actor
- Alfonso SmithAmerican football player
- Alfonso García Robleswinner of the Nobel Peace Prize
Alfonso in Pop Culture
- Alfonso Altocharacter in "Sims" series
- Alfonsocharacter in Pam Munoz Ryan's "Esperanza Rising"