Ahmed Origin and Meaning
The name Ahmed is a boy's name of Arabic origin meaning "greatly praised".
This variation of Ahmad is one of the most popular Arabic names among Muslim families the world over and is now the most used spelling in the USA.
# 629 in the US
Ahmed Rank in US Top 1000
Lists containing Ahmed
Famous People Named Ahmed
- Ahmed IIII, Ottoman Sultans
- Ahmed Hassan ZewailEgyptian,American chemist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Ahmed Raza Khan BarelviIndian Sufi scholar
- Ahmed Hoosen DeedatIndian,South African author
Ahmed in Pop Culture
- Sultan Ahmedcharacter in Turkish television series "Magnificent Century: Kösem"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.