English, diminutive of Theresa, Greek"to reap, gather"
Tessie Origin and Meaning
The name Tessie is girl's name of English origin meaning "to reap, gather".
With Tillie a new favorite of avant-garde parents, the British music-hall Tessie might conceivably follow.
20 Names Similar to Tessie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tessie.
Famous People Named Tessie
- Tessie O'SheaWelsh singer/actress
- Tessie SantiagoAmerican actress
- Tessie Jean Washambirth name of Tess Harper, American actress
Tessie in Pop Culture
- Tessieorphan in the musical/film "Annie," known for her refrain of "oh my goodness, oh my goodness"
- "Tessie" anthem of the Boston Red Sox baseball team
- Tessiehead,girl in the "St Clare" book series by Enid Blyton
- Tessie Hutchinsoncharacter in "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
- Tessie Turaburlesque performer in musical "Gypsy"
- Tessie Dombeghhalf,sister of Seraphina in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
- "Tessie"ship name for Jessie and Tony on the Disney Channel show "Jessie"