Dutch, diminutive of Susanne"lily"
Sanne Origin and Meaning
The name Sanne is girl's name of Dutch origin meaning "lily".
Sanne is hugely popular in the Netherlands, but almost unknown here — which makes it an interesting prospect for the parent in search of an unusual name. Pronounced sah-na, Sanne is in keeping with the Dutch taste for nicknames plucked from the middle or end of a name vs. the beginning, such as Bas for Sebastien or Bram for Abram.
20 Names Similar to Sanne
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sanne.
Famous People Named Sanne
- Sanne CantBelgian cyclist
- Sanne KeizerDutch beach volleyball player
- Sanne van PaassenDutch cyclist
- Sanne NijhofDutch model
- Sanne WeversDutch gymnast (Olympic gold medalist)
- Sanne Westromsaxophonist/bassoonist in André Rieu's Johann Strauss Orchestra
- Sanne SalomonsenDanish singer, formerly part of the 80's rock orchestra group "Sneakers"