Arabic"companion in evening conversation"
Samira Origin and Meaning
The name Samira is girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "companion in evening conversation".
Shiny cousin of Samara with an intriguing meaning. Increasingly associated with the charming Samira Wiley, a perennial scene-stealer on "Orange is the New Black" and "The Handmaid's Tale."
# 927 in the US
Samira Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Samira
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Samira.
Famous People Named Samira
- Samira AhmedBritish TV reporter
- Samira Bellil (19722004), French feminist & activist
- Samira BesicBosnian,German ex,singer of MAXX
- Samira MakhmalbafIranian film director
- Samira SaidMoroccan singer
- Samira Shahbandarsecond wife of Saddam Hussein
- Samira TewfikLebanese Syrian singer
- Samira WileyAmerican actress
Samira in Pop Culture
- Samira FawazTV Personality on "All American Muslim"
- Samira (Samuel by birth)character in "Normal Lost Phone"