Hebrew, Irish, Scottish"light, song, little green one"
Oran Origin and Meaning
The name Oran is boy's name of Aramaic, Irish origin meaning "light, song, little green one".
A calm and gentle multicultural choice. Oran is popular in Ireland, where its Gaelic form is Odhrán, meaning "little green one". In Scottish Gaelic, the name means "song", and in Hebrew, it's a combination of Or "light" + Ran "singing".
20 Names Similar to Oran
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Oran.
Famous People Named Oran
- Oran of IonaIrish saint
- Oran Milo RobertsAmerican politician; 17th Governor of Texas
- Oran FavilleAmerican politician; 1st Lt. Gov. of Iowa
- Oran Wendle EaglesonAmerican psychologist
- Oran EtkinIsraeli jazz musician
- Oran Kenneth GragsonAmerican politician; former Mayor of Las Vegas
- Oran "Juice" JonesAmerican R&B singer
- Oran Leo "Tony" McPhersonCanadian politician from Alberta
Oran in Pop Culture
- Oran Berry in Pokemon is used to regenerate the Pokemon's HP.
- Oran High School Host Clubanime and manga series