Spelling variation of Nell
Nelle Origin and Meaning
The name Nelle is girl's name .
Nelle, pronounced as the one-syllable Nell though some may think it's Nellie or Nella, is the elegant form of the name used by author Nelle Harper Lee, who wrote To Kill A Mockingbird. With whatever spelling, Nell/Nelle is a charming old-fashioned nickname name -- it was originally short for Ellen, Eleanor, or Helen -- that never took off the way sisters Molly and Maggie did.
20 Names Similar to Nelle
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nelle.
Famous People Named Nelle
- (Nelle) Harper LeeAmerican novelist
- Nelle Clyde Wilson Reaganmother of U.S. President Ronald Reagan
- Ellen Margaret "Nelle" ScanlanNew Zealand journalist and novelist
- Nelle Elizabeth Nichols PetersAmerican architect
- Nelle Richmond EberhartAmerican librettist, poet, and teacher
- Nelle Katherine MortonAmerican theologian
Nelle in Pop Culture
- Nelle Portercharacter on TV's "Ally McBeal"
- Nelle Hayescharacter on American soap "General Hospital"