Morwenna Origin and Meaning
The name Morwenna is girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "maiden".
Morwenna is an ancient Cornish name now being revived in Wales, deriving from a Celtic word meaning "maiden", although the Mor- syllable means that it's often associated with the sea. It's been heard in the British series Doc Martin and Poldark. Morwenna Banks is a British actress.
20 Names Similar to Morwenna
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Morwenna.
Famous People Named Morwenna
- Saint MorwennaCornish sister of Saints Mabyn and Endellion
- (Tamsin) Morwenna BanksEnglish actress
- Marjorie "Morwenna" DonnellyBritish poet
Morwenna in Pop Culture
- Morwenna Newcrosscharacter on British television series Doc Martin
- Morwenna Chynoweth Whitworth Carnecharacter in British TV series "Poldark"
- Morwennaa squirrel in the book "The Oaken Throne" by Robin Jarvis