Spanish, “little wolf”"hidden river, valley of the wolves"
Lupita Origin and Meaning
The name Lupita is girl's name of Spanish origin.
This lively pet name has recently been associated with Mexican-born Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong'o, acclaimed for her role in the 2013 film Twelve Years a Slave.
The mother name Guadalupe, literally "valley of the wolves," relates to Our Lady of Guadalupe, revered in Latino culture as a protector of the Mexican people.
20 Names Similar to Lupita
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lupita.
Famous People Named Lupita
- Lupita Amondi Nyong'oMexican,Kenyan actress
- María Guadalupe "Lupita" JonesMexican actress and beauty queen; Miss Universe 1991
- Guadalupe Natalia "Lupita" TovarMexican,American actress
- Guadalupe "Lupita" D'AlessioMexican singer and actress
- Yolanda Guadalupe "Lupita" FerrerVenezuelan actress
- Guadalupe "Lupita" PallásMexican actress
Lupita in Pop Culture
- Lupita "Pita" Ramoscharacter in "Man on Fire" by A.J. Quinnell and 2004 film
- Guadalupe "Lupita" Fernandezcharacter in Mexican telenovela "Rebelde"
- Lupitatraditional Mexican doll