Spelling variation of Louella
Luella Origin and Meaning
The name Luella is girl's name .
Luella is a sleeker version of the girls' name Louella that at this point is more popular than the original. Well-used in the 19th century, Luella fell off the Top 1000 in the 1950s, but has had a resurgence in recent years. Its use as a first or middle name by several edgy celebrities elevates Luella from crusty to cool, and it's stylish double-L sound and -ella ending make it a nicely revived vintage name for girls.
# 996 in the US
Luella Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Luella
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Luella.
Famous People Named Luella
- Luella Batesfirst woman truck driver
- Luella Dayrell BartleyEnglish fashion designer
- Luella Sanders CreightonCanadian novelist
- Luella GearAmerican actress and comedienne
- Iris Luella DeMentAmerican singer,songwriter
- Helen Luella Kofordbirth name of Terry Moore, American actress
- Luella Jane "Lulu" West(b. 2006). daughter of Christian singer,songwriter Matthew West
- Alabama Luella Barker (b. 2006)daughter of model Shanna Moakler and musician Travis Barker
- Fable Luelladaughter of Girl's Gone Child blogger Rebecca Woolf
- LolitaLuella McVeigh (b. 2012), daughter of AFL player Jarrad McVeigh
Luella in Pop Culture
- Luella Hinercharacter in musical "A Chorus Line"
- Wendy Luella Everlymain character of the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking
- Similar: Llewelafeminized form of Llewelyn (also, Llywela for Llywelyn)