Spelling variation of Lily or diminutive of Lilian"lily; pledged to God"
Lili Origin and Meaning
The name Lili is girl's name of German origin.
Lili has been blooming in many forms for a couple of decades now. The Lili version will surely get more attention now that the Duke and Duchess of Susses, aka Harry and Meghan, are using is as a short form for their daughter Lilibet Diana's name. Lili makes the slight and light though that is not necessarily a bad thing; it also mutes the name's floral identity and gives it a cute and quirky repetitive spelling, ala Coco and Lulu. A famous German song is titled Lili Marlene.
20 Names Similar to Lili
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lili.
Famous People Named Lili
- Lili Elbe (born Einar Mogens Wegener)Danish painter; one of the first people to undergo sex reassignment surgery
- Lili Damita (born Liliane MarieMadeleine Carre), French actress
- Lili Anne TaylorAmerican actress
- Lili St. Cyr (born Willis Marie Van Schaack)American burlesque stripper
- Elia Maria "Lili" GonzálezÁlvarez (y López,Chicheri), Spanish athlete
- (MarieJuliette Olga) Lili Boulanger, French composer
- Lili ChookasianAmerican operatic contralto
- Lili HaydnCanadian violinist
- Lilyana "Lili" IvanovaBulgarian pop singer
- Lili KrausHungarian,British pianist
- Lili NovySlovenian poet
- Lili ReinhartAmerican actress
- LiLi RoquelinFrench,American pop singer
- Lili SimmonsAmerican actress
- Lili SumnerNew Zealand model
- Lili MargaritiszHungarian rhythmic gymnast
Lili in Pop Culture
- Lili Dauriermain character in 1953 film "Lili"
- Lili Zanottocharacter in 2005 game Psychonauts
- Welsh version of Lily