Spanish and Portuguese variation of Eleanor, English, meaning unknown"lioness"
Leonor Origin and Meaning
The name Leonor is girl's name of Spanish origin.
This streamlined variation of Eleanor is common in Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries, particularly Portugal itself, where it has ranked among the Top 3 baby girl names for over a decade.
20 Names Similar to Leonor
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leonor.
Famous People Named Leonor
- Leonor de Todos los Santos de Borbón y OrtizPrincess of Asturias (b. 2005), daughter of King Felipe VI and heiress presumptive of Spain
- Leonor Telles de Menesesqueen consort of Ferdinand I of Portugal
- Leonor FiniArgentine painter
- Leonor Elizabeth Ceballos WatlingSpanish actress and singer
- Leonor Varela PilmeChilean actress
- Leonor Kretzer SullivanU.S. Congresswoman from Missouri
- Leonor Rivera–Kipping“lover by correspondence” of Philippine national hero José Rizal
- Leonor Oyarzún IvanovicFirst Lady of Chile as wife of President Patricio Aylwin
- Leonor Maia (born Maria da Conceição de Vasconcelos)Portuguese actress
- Leonor López de CórdobaSpanish memoirist, adviser and confidant of Queen Catalina of Castile
- Leonor Gonzalez MinaAfro,Colombian singer
Leonor in Pop Culture
- Leonor Greylbeauty company