Leela Origin and Meaning
The name Leela is girl's name of Sanskrit origin meaning "play".
While Leela may be a spelling variation of Lila or Leila, it's also an Indian name in its own right with a playful meaning. And unlike it's more popular Western sisters, Leela does not create pronunciation confusion.
20 Names Similar to Leela
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leela.
Famous People Named Leela
- Leela NaiduIndian actress and renowned beauty
- Leela JamesAmerican R&B singer,songwriter
- Leela GandhiIndian academic; great,granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi
- Leela MishraIndian actress
- Blu Leela Minsker (b. 2011)daughter of filmmaker Ethan Minsker
Leela in Pop Culture
- Turanga Leelacharacter on "Futurama" who is known simply as Leela
- Leelacompanion on TV's "Doctor Who"
- Leela Kantariacharacter on TV's "Nikita"