German, diminutive of Kurtis"courteous, polite"
Kurt Origin and Meaning
The name Kurt is boy's name of German origin meaning "courteous, polite".
A name that defines itself, a bit more curt in the harder K version.
20 Names Similar to Kurt
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kurt.
Famous People Named Kurt
- Kurt Donald CobainAmerican musician of band Nirvana
- Kurt VonnegutAmerican author
- Kurtis Eugene "Kurt" WarnerAmerican NFL player
- Kurt Vogel RussellAmerican actor
- Kurt AlderGerman chemist and Nobel prize winner
- Kurtis "Kurt" FullerAmerican actor
- Kurtis Kiyoshi "Kurt" SuzukiAmerican baseball player
- Kurt WuthrichSwiss chemist and Nobel Prize winner
- Kurt Hugo SchneiderAmerican musician
- Kurt Friedrich Gödellogician, mathematician, and philosopher
- Kurt Steven AngleAmerican pro wrestler
- Kurt Thomas BuschAmerican NASCAR driver
- Kurt Samuel VileAmerican singer,songwriter
Kurt in Pop Culture
- Kurt HummelChris Colfer's character on TV's "Glee"
- Kurt von Trappfourth child in "The Sound of Music" ("That's the one I left out! God bless Kurt.")
- Kurt MartinZack and Cody's father on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "The Suite Life on Deck"
- Dwight Kurt SchruteRainn Wilson's character on TV's "The Office"
- Kurt Wagner aka NightcrawlerMarvel comics character
- Kurtcharacter from the movie "Ant,Man"