Jair Origin and Meaning
The name Jair is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "he shines".
In the Old Testament, Jair is a son of Manasseh as well as a judge of the Israelites. Jair is off its 2003 peak but is still hanging on in the Top 1000 and as a simple yet distinctive name with serious history, is worthy of consideration.
# 945 in the US
Jair Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Jair
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jair.
Famous People Named Jair
- JairBiblical son of Manasseh
- Jairson of Segub, of the tribe of Judah (1 Chr. 2:22)
- Jairfather of Elhanan who slew Goliath's brother (1 Chr. 20:5)
- Jairfather of Mordecai, Esther's cousin (Esther 2:5)
- Jair Francoise JurrjensCuraçaoan baseball pitcher
- Jair Messias Bolsonarofascist President of Brazil (known most as variants like Biroliro, Bolsonero, Bolsobosta, Bozo, Bosolino, Salnorabo, etc.)
- Jair MarrufoAmerican soccer referee
- Jair PicerniBrazilian footballer and manager
- Jeremiah Scott "Jair" Willis (b. 1993)second child (1st son) of the family band The Willis Clan