Diminutive of Henrietta, English"estate ruler"
Hetty Origin and Meaning
The name Hetty is girl's name meaning "estate ruler".
A classic short form of Henrietta, also seen as a nickname for Mehetabel.
20 Names Similar to Hetty
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hetty.
Famous People Named Hetty
- Hetty King (born Winifred Emms)English music hall performer
- Henrietta Howland "Hetty" GreenAmerican businesswoman and financier
- Henrietta Sara Louise "Hetty" BaynesEnglish actress
- Hetty Carr Carymaker of the first three battle flags of the Confederate States of America
- Henriëtte Adriana "Hetty" BlokDutch cabaret singer and actress
- Mehetabel "Hetty" Wesley WrightEnglish poet of the religious Wesley family
Hetty in Pop Culture
- Hetty Sorrelcharacter in "Adam Bede" (1859) by George Eliot
- Hetty Chilsonbrothel,keeper in Edna Ferber's "Show Boat" (1926)
- Hetty Kingcharacter on TV's "Road to Avonlea"
- Hetty Mertoncharacter in Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray"
- Henrietta "Hetty" Langecharacter on TV's "NCIS: Los Angeles"
- "Hetty Feather" children's book by Jacqueline Wilson and its main character (Hetty is also known as Emerald Star and Sapphire Battersea)
- Henrietta "Hetty" Wainthroppmain character on British TV series "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates"