Russian and Slavic feminine form of Galina"calm, healer"
Gala Origin and Meaning
The name Gala is a girl's name of Russian origin.
Festive name of the wife of Salvador Dali. In Spanish, Gala comes from the Roman name Galla, a feminine form of Gallus meaning "rooster" or "a person from Gaul".
20 Names Similar to Gala
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gala.
Famous People Named Gala
- Gala GonzalezSpanish blogger of Inside Am,Lul's Closet
- Gala Eluard Dali (born Elena Ivanovna Diakonova)muse of various artists and Salvador Dali's wife
- Gala DarlingNew Zealand blogger based in NYC
- Gala Bartra Jiménezdaughter of Spanish footballer Marc Bartra and journalist Melissa Jiménez
Gala in Pop Culture
- Galatea "Gala" Brandcharacter in the 1955 Jams Bond novel Moonraker
- Galaapple variety
- Gala TVMexican television network (formerly "Galavision")
- Gala means "milk" in Greek. Hence the word "galaxy" meaning "milky way".
- Galaan area of the Scottish Borders, contains the towns Galashiels and Galalaw