Spanish variation of Latin"luck, fate, wealth"
Fortunata Origin and Meaning
The name Fortunata is girl's name of Spanish, Latin origin meaning "luck, fate, wealth".
Brimming over with a sense of good fortune. Could make a little girl feel very lucky.
20 Names Similar to Fortunata
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fortunata.
Famous People Named Fortunata
- Saint Fortunataa very minor 4th,century martyr
- Maria Fortunata Viti (born Anna Felicia Viti)beatified Italian nun
- Maria Fortunata d'Estethe last Princess of Conti
Fortunata in Pop Culture
- Fortunatawife of Trimalchio in Petronius's 1st,century CE novel "The Satyricon"
- Fortunatacharacter in "Fortunata and Jacinta" by Benito Perez Galdos ("a girl of the streets, a ravishing beauty whom the handsome, feckless Juanito Santa Cruz seduces and abandons. Perez Galdos treats with sympathy her attempt to achieve respectability and her loosening hold on sanity.")
- Fortunatahealer fox in "Redwall" series by Brian Jacques
- Fortunataprotagonist of "Fortune's Folly" by Deva Fagan
- Feminine equivalent of Fortunato